bluetooth microphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vacwm

Reaction score
Guys, my micro seems not to be working. I can hear the other side ok but they don't hear me. I'm thinking maybe the micro is muted or disabled. Help
LR3 HSE 2006

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a test in the satnav's diagnostics for the built-in microphone. If you speak commands to the navigation system, can the system "hear" you? If it can, the microphone is not the problem.

vacwm

Reaction score
the voice command system cannot hear me as well.
I am sure it is something with the microphone setting somewhere and i do not know where to find it.

i have checked on the Landrover's site and my Blackberry is fully compatible.

help, driving me nuts

there has got to be a way we can mute the microphone in case we need to have a quick side conversation without the other side on the phone hearing us...

ideas?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, you can't mute the microphone in the car. This is something that may "cure" itself with a restart (hopefully...), or perhaps the microphone got disconnected somehow. It is located in the front overhead console. To test the microphone's operation and sensitivity, enter the navigation diagnostics: Follow the directions here: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7209 - but instead of the 1791 bypass code for navigation in motion, enter code 753 and press OK. You should see the navigation diagnostics's main menu. Press "Manual Checks" and "Microphone Test". Speak toward the overhead console in a normal tone (lower the radio volume first, if the radio is on), if the mic can detect your voice you should see the sensitivity bar graph moving up and down along with your voice.

To exit diagnostics, press the Return arrow in the upper right corner of the screen until the monitor prompts you to recycle the ignition, then remove the key.

vacwm

Reaction score
thanks very much for this info, i will test it tomorrow and let you know the results.

vacwm

Reaction score
thanks very much for the info, i will try it tomorrow and let you know.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Mic had a wiring fault - took the stealership 2 days to figure it out.

Apparently the original loom was wired back to front into the mic plug, so it was never going to work!

Eventually they figured it out by comparing the wire colors with another LR3

vacwm

Reaction score
interesting... i am planning on getting this resolved the coming few days. i am just so busy at work that i did not get the chance to look at it closely yet.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, you can't mute the microphone in the car. This is something that may "cure" itself with a restart (hopefully...), or perhaps the microphone got disconnected somehow. It is located in the front overhead console. To test the microphone's operation and sensitivity, enter the navigation diagnostics: Follow the directions here: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7209 - but instead of the 1791 bypass code for navigation in motion, enter code 753 and press OK. You should see the navigation diagnostics's main menu. Press "Manual Checks" and "Microphone Test". Speak toward the overhead console in a normal tone (lower the radio volume first, if the radio is on), if the mic can detect your voice you should see the sensitivity bar graph moving up and down along with your voice.

To exit diagnostics, press the Return arrow in the upper right corner of the screen until the monitor prompts you to recycle the ignition, then remove the key.

First I have to say THANK YOU UMBERTOB! I can FINALLY enter addressed and POI's when needed! Great work and thanks for sharing!

Secondly, I tested the microphone and noticed I can only get 2 bars in my normal talking voice. When I raise my voice I can get 4-5 bars and the "white" circle turns "blue". To me that seems like the optimal setting for the voice commands to work correctly. Can you tell me if the circle does not turn "blue" that I may need a new microphone? Thanks again for your thoughts !

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, are there any additional codes that anyone has discovered they can share ! ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635