Brake bleed question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after noticing that it was 3yrs since last brake fluid change, I proceeded to complete it today, ignoring Land Rover manual procedure. Used a mityvac vacuum gun on each corner. Worked fine and replenished the system with 1.5L of DOT 4.
Two things I noticed:
1. When I sucked out the old fluid from the reservoir it seemed like internal baffles were preventing it coming out evenly, so that the right hand front quadrant had more remaining than the lefthand front quadrant.
2. As I was doing each corner of the car (farthest to closest), I noticed that the LH rear quadrant of the reservoir still seemed to contain old darker fluid. When finished this colour disparity remained. The presence of a snap off plastic plug in this area suggests that is the only way to drain it. Lacking a means of sealing it, I did not try that approach. As my mechanic did the fluid change last time, it seems neither did he.
20230521_150720.jpg

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reservoir is sectioned off. If there's a leak, you won't loose all the brake fluid.
The port is for manual transmission model hydrualic clutches.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA