Brake Pad Choices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBLR3

Reaction score
BBLR3, how do you like your ISF? It's on my list of cars to look at along with the newer 5.0 range sport.

Love it. I only wish it had a six speed. Other than that, no issues with it. It feels really really low after driving the LR3 around for a couple of weeks. Takes a bit of getting used to again.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the greenstuff and dont see too much difference over stock. The yellowstuff is more heavy-duty which i'll try next

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Looks like they are semi metallic and the fronts are $70. I would go with the OEM Ferodo pads which are about $20 more than PepBoys.

It depends on if Pep boys lives up the warranty claim. I was told to just bring in the old set and they would swap them for new. If that is true then every couple of years you will save $130.

BBLR3

Reaction score
Please post back on cost and lead time to get your cores lined with 1521.

I should have the pads late next week. I hope to put them on that weekend if I have time. I'll give feedback after I bed them in.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have akenono's on the rear. No dust, but hard to tell how much stopping power I lost. However, I am so sick of the brake dust on the fronts that I will sacrifice a little performance for cleaner wheels. Really, the front wheels get dirty before anything else. So looking forward to some results in this thread.

J.D.

BBLR3

Reaction score
I got the pads yesterday. I'm heading to NC until Sunday so I wont be able to put them on until I get back. I'll report back after I bed them in.

BBLR3

Reaction score
just did the front brakes with new rotors and pads. bed them as instructed and letting them cool right now. I had to replace the pad sensor, but the check brake pads light is still on. Does something need to be reset after installing the new sensor?

Thanks.

BBLR3

Reaction score
yeah, thats it. need another set of pads and a sensor:argh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99