brakes freeze/ cd not stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

shergill

pittsburgh,Had LR3 now 4 weeks, foot Brakes freeze in am ,even at temp 23 degrees, have not been using park brake but when car started in am park brake frozen on. if left alone sometimes unfreezes.
At lr shop twice first told suspension box leaked fluid second no problem found, but it is still freezing, spoke mgr in paramus NJ wiill tow car there.
Also noticed cd continues to play after cd changed to radio , can even hear clicking to next cd up to 1 hour later. local lr mech not able to detect this but is still very obvious.
pretty unhappy with lr3 thus far

D

disco1

Hi Shergill, Sorry to hear you are having early problems (teething perhaps), but what's the temperature over there at the moment -30? No wonder your CD refuses to stop, it's just trying to stay warm!

F

fbaer

CD keeps playing!

I have also noticed that the CD continues to play even if I am using the radio. I wonder if it relates to the fact that 2nd and 3rd row seat users can listen to a different source through headphones, and that is causing the cd to continue to play. I plan on checking out what source is playing on the left and right side this evening after work, and to see if I can switch teh cd player off. I will post back later.

F

fbaer

I checked the rear listening stations last night with headphones, and they were set on CD. Using the MODE button, I set both sides on radio, and when I switch the main unit to radio or aux, the cd does NOT continue to play, it resumes right where I left off.

Make sure to test both left and right side listening stations, as they operate independently.

S

SteveA

Shergill,

Just a note on the operation of the parking brake. I'm assuming that the parking brake is getting stuck in the applied position. The vehicle automatically sets the parking brake when you turn the car off and remove the key. If you are saying that it is sticking even when you don't apply it manually, this is why. You can use the apply inhibit feature to prevent it from automatically applying th parking brake when it is really cold outside. All you do is press the parking brake switch down and hold it while you remove the key. If you do this when it is going to be cold outside overnight, this should elimiate your problem completely.

The system is designed to automatically release when you put the car in drive, 1, 2 or reverse and depress the accelerator more than 5%. If the vehicle is not releasing the parking brake under these conditions when it is very cold, I have had success with simply pulling the lever up and then pushing it down again, effectively applying and then releasing the parking brake mechanism. Ususally once is enough to get it to unstick. Land Rover says that sometimes full actuation (release OR apply) may exceed 1.0 second.

Hope this information helps. Sorry you're having problems with your local dealer. We're not all bad! Good luck.

Stephen

S

simonharper

The release at 5% throttle... is this the same in a manual car ?

Sorry... we have old fashioned 'boxes too in the UK.

S

SteveA

Simon,

Not sure about that, as all the specs I have are for auto. I can see where you might not want that with the manual box. This spec is for auto release function which is also used on the Jaguars with EPB over here. Is there a manual trans Jaguar with this feature over there (S-Type or XJ)? Perhaps with the manual they delete this function.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112