Buying an LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Seat Question, 05 LR3 SE V8. I am 6'4" my wife is 5'0" so without the memory seats I need to reach in insert and turn the key before I can move the seat far enough back to get in. Is it possible to wire the seat "hot" so I can move it back without inserting and turning the key. Can't bring myself to buy the HSE.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure about your question, but do compare the SE vs. HSE seats. when i bought my '05 LR3 the HSE seats had a couple extra adjustments that the SE didn't have. maybe that isn't the case anymore. i'm 6'2" and needed the extra adjustment (raise the front of the seat only) to give thigh support and be comfortable on long trips. makes a HUGE difference. as a tall guy, i'd never buy a car without that adjustment and its the only reason i bought the HSE. everything else i wanted i could get as an option on the SE.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no "easy" fix. 2007 resolves this. Power is live for both seats.

'05/'06 HSE did have power to the driver's seat controls after unlocking the door... SE didn't.

toddjb122, they added front "up/down" for driver's seat on non-HSE in 2006, too... if I remember correctly. A common complaint in 2005...

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You. Wouldn't it be nice to put in a 07 seat relay to make the 05 seats "hot".
Way too easy.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...i still would like to make one of the cigarette outlets "hot" so i can charge my cell phone w/o having my key in the ignition. Once the key is in the ignition, too many other systems seem to start up and drain the battery.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I test drove the LR3 I fit great. A short time later, I found "my" LR3 and after driving it around for a few days, I was cramped and uncomfortable and my wife was getting on me for not adequately test driving it. "But I fit before, I swear!" It wasn't until a few months later that I learned that there are different levels of seats, and the ones in the HSE are ohsomuchnicer!

I mod'd my seat to move back 2.5" to compensate for the lack of inheriant adaptablity: http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=13

But to answer your question, I am not certain how to hotwire the seat to work properly (without the key).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99