Cargo carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wanted to get one of those. Instead, I just got the box for on top from the dealer. It was a cheaper solution for me, but it sure would be nice to have the access at ground level rather than having to stand on the tire to load up the box on top.

Thule makes nice stuff, but you pay for it. There are a couple of other ones out there that are nice too. Here is a link to one I just about pulled the trigger on: http://www.laguarddog.com/content.asp?CatId=250

The pack-n-rack seems to be a well thought out cargo box. It is most likely heavier to install, but it has a lot of nice features. Being able to put a "huge" cooler on top is a nice added bonus for those of us who travel with familes.

I have a couple of pictures with the box on top of my LR4 if you want to see them.

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wanted to get one of those. Instead, I just got the box for on top from the dealer. It was a cheaper solution for me, but it sure would be nice to have the access at ground level rather than having to stand on the tire to load up the box on top.

Thule makes nice stuff, but you pay for it. There are a couple of other ones out there that are nice too. Here is a link to one I just about pulled the trigger on: http://www.laguarddog.com/content.asp?CatId=250

The pack-n-rack seems to be a well thought out cargo box. It is most likely heavier to install, but it has a lot of nice features. Being able to put a "huge" cooler on top is a nice added bonus for those of us who travel with familes.

I have a couple of pictures with the box on top of my LR4 if you want to see them.

Rob

Hi Rob,
thanks for the reply. I like the Pack n rack system. I'd love to see pics of the box on top of the LR4, but I will most likely get the one that fits on the back.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of them:

CIMG0013-1.jpg

CIMG0011-1.jpg

I couldn't notice any noise from the box or crossbars.

The box has about 16 cubic feet of storage, which is more than enough for most of our trips. We do have a big trip planned to Moab this summer, so it may finally get filled.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99