CD Changer says "No Magazine"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rctaylor

Reaction score
I have a 99 DII with factory Harman Kardon system, 6 CD changer. Changer been working fine till last night. I get a message that says "No magazine" or the magazine will be recognized but when I push a CD to play nothing happens. I hear a brief whirring sound but the CD never seems to load and play. Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the connection to the back of the CD player to make sure they haven't came loose.

rctaylor

Reaction score
Took the unit to a repair shop in town as the dealer wanted $681 for a new CD changer. For $120 the unit is fixed and working great. The repair shop said someone must have spilled liquid in the unit before I got the car. This unit has three switches, one to choose the CD, another to load the CD and the last to find the track. They cleaned one switch and replaced the other two. Sometimes things can be a quick and relatively painless fix!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
At $120 that may be the cheapest repair you get on a Rover next to Cleaning the MAF with a can of $4 contact cleaner.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4