Center console dismantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

DJJeffT

Anyone have any insight on taking the center console apart???

I had posted this in an AUX/iPod thread here, but maybe there are some people not interested in that, that may know what I need.

Just looking to pull it apart so that I can string a rigged up cigarette lighter adapter along side the drivers seat COMING from behind where the stock cigaretter lighter outlet is now.

Anyone have any insight???

Thanks.

Jeff

S

schafari

I am going to be doing this over the X-Mas break. I am hoping to get insight as well. If not, I will dive in. Wish there was a factory offiicial manual available at least. Let me know if you hear anything please, and I'll do the same.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to reply earlier. It's pretty easy... just flip open the cover, hold each side firmly and pull. It will pop out. Good luck. It's pretty easy to tap into the rear of the cigarette lighter socket, if that is your goal.

D

DJJeffT

grommet said:
Sorry, I forgot to reply earlier. It's pretty easy... just flip open the cover, hold each side firmly and pull. It will pop out. Good luck. It's pretty easy to tap into the rear of the cigarette lighter socket, if that is your goal.

Yup, THAT part is easy.

I am look to see HOW to feed the audio cable along the side of the ceneter console FROM that area. My goal is to get it near the cup holders on each side.

I want to run the iPod cable on the passengers side and an additional 12v plug on the drivers side as I hate the fact that where the current utility 12v socket is kinda blocks my drink holder. My blackberry cigarette lighter adapter sticks out kinda far I guess.

Any insight here grommett? You have been so helpful. Are there any diagrams available somewhere about this? I too am off next week and this is a goal of mine.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635