Check to be sure you can actually use your spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlonesty

Reaction score
putting are on the roof is messy looking amd cuts down on mpg...nope

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
putting are on the roof is messy looking amd cuts down on mpg...nope

My car barely fits in my garage (height wise) so I really can't even add a roof rack let alone a tire. Makes me sad.

tex_jag

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does anyone have a LR4 with a full size spare option ? I remember reading somewhere that was a factory option. I was thinking of switching out the doughnut for a full size, but that might not work if there is no space under the car.

tex_jag

Reaction score
Thanks DaytonaRS7 for confirming, now I can keep looking for good/cheap 19 inch wheel for my spare.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheap is relative, but you should be able to find a used OEM wheel on ebay for $100. condition varies.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheap is relative, but you should be able to find a used OEM wheel on ebay for $100. condition varies.

I've bought a couple of nicely reconditioned factory LR rims online for a little over $200 each. You only really need a nice shape rim if you’re OCD or plan the 5-tire rotation.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does anyone have a LR4 with a full size spare option ? I remember reading somewhere that was a factory option. I was thinking of switching out the doughnut for a full size, but that might not work if there is no space under the car.

And don't bother buying a TPMS sensor for that full size spare. If your LR4 came with a compact spare tire it is not monitored. (Like my LR4)

However, if your LR4 has the HD package and came with a full size spare tire, the TPMS system does monitor the air pressure in the spare tire. (Like my wife's LR4)

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And don't bother buying a TPMS sensor for that full size spare. If your LR4 came with a compact spare tire it is not monitored. (Like my LR4)

However, if your LR4 has the HD package and came with a full size spare tire, the TPMS system does monitor the air pressure in the spare tire. (Like my wife's LR4)
Yeah but if you plan on doing a 5 tire rotation, you should get TPMS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72