Checking out LR3; Changes for 2006 & Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Don't expect X-plan pricing in many markets, especially when some trims (like loaded SEs or HSEs) are not collecting dust on the lot. In the last survey, LR3 was the least discounted vehicle of any manufacturer... good for dealers, bad for buyers.

S

SouthPaw1227

^ What was your options and the total discount in comparison to MSRP?

I don't expect a HUGE discount, but I've read X-Plan is supposed to turn into 4% over invoice cost ($45,555 for the stock HSE) for the purchaser. The dealer I talked to already acknowledged the fact that I could use the X-Plan, although we didn't talk pricing *at all* due to the no-pressure sales team.

Even if I could purchase sooner, I won't until August (when my car's paid off), and by then I feel like I should just wait a few more months for the 2006 models to arrive, and either 1) get a new year model or 2) find a discounted '05.

T

toddjb123

FWIW - I'm at about 800 miles and around town I consistently get 12.5 MPG. Did my first long roadtrip (3 hours each way) and saw 16.5MPG. I'm not a mouse on the gas pedal, but I don't push it much either. I'd like to see it a little closer to the published 14/18 myself. If it is still doing this when I break 1000 miles, I may look into it more.

S

SouthPaw1227

^ I hear ya...that's not horrible, but not awesome either considering I'd be buying premium gas, ack.

I just read today on a UK-based LR3 forum that the changes for the 2006 HSE are:

Cooler box standard
Bluetooth Phone Integration Standard
Rear Airconditioning Standard w/ Rear Seat Package

For 1500 pounds more, for 1570 pounds of upgrades (at current pricing)

Dunno the validity of that, but since I'd be getting the Cooler Box anyway and have no use for Bluetooth, it's not like the 2006 would be that much greater than the 2005, IMO.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UK HSE is not the same as other markets, like North America. Each offer different trims/options.

As we have far less trims, I wouldn't expect our HSE to get more expensive by adding more options as "stock." Last thing they need is a higher advertised price... our models are already ~$5K too expensive in my opinion.

S

SouthPaw1227

^ Understood. And if our dollar wasn't so freakin' worthless, it'd be $5k less.

S

SouthPaw1227

^ Hmm...not sure on that one, although I definitely want it one way or another. My lady seems to CONSTANTLY drink water in the car and it'd be a small deal to me, but a HUGE cool point for her.

I'm going back Saturday to ride some more and what not :)

S

SouthPaw1227

Well I actually called my local dealer and they said the Cooler Box *CAN* be added at the dealership later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM