Checking out LR3; Changes for 2006 & Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, the cooler box is not an official accessory or "dealer installable option." But there is nothing stopping them from ordering the parts and charging you parts/labor to do it. (This is probably one of the less complex options in the vehicle, as it's standalone with it's own power switch.)

I personally rarely use it... it's not very big.

S

SouthPaw1227

^ Well to be honest, the dealer that told me that was my next-to-closest dealer, and then another dealer told me it WASN'T possible to install it later. I guess YMMV.

I wouldn't use it much, but my lady would use it everytime she rode/drove it, guarenteed.

S

SouthPaw1227

Well I've stumbled upon a local trade-in (guy wants a Range...)

'05 LR3 HSE (in White/Beiege, EXACTLY what I wanted)
Loaded with EVERY OPTION except Cooler Box, Adaptive Lighting, Bluetooth, Rear-DVD system.
Even has Tow Package & Rear Airconditioning w/ the Rear-seat package
~6k miles on it
Dealer will honor rest of 4yr./50k warranty AND will finance it as if new

It's in PERFECT shape inside and out, and just had oil changed and tire rotation/balance.

Wants $48,500 but will negotiate down...deal, or no?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a decision you need to make. Sounds fine, considering it's what you want and it's available "now."

J

jasbluesal

I just tested my HSE on a road trip. It gives you information overload. I averaged 79.8 mph home (thru the desert) even with stop signs. I was watching mileage and testing at different areas. Even at that high speed, up hills, down hills, etc. I got an impressive 16.7 miles per gal. I have 3,300 miles on it and it did seem to be in the 12 mpg range, but has improved, even driving aggressively. It has passed my test. The car drove me there (with the nav), showed me a new way home and talked to me the whole way! :) I love this vehicle. I choose to have my nav voice talk to me in an english accent. Cracks me up! Find something new with the nav everyday. It had all of the small dirt roads thru the desert shown on the screen. I could go on and on... love it...

F

Freeflytim

If its what they say it is and you deduct .25 per mile on the mile-o-meter off a $53k sticker, yeah, its a deal.
You got what you wanted for $5k off.
I don't have those options that you want either... and I could care less. But... You DO want rear climate... with all the glass... it *really* makes a difference.

Go for it!

SouthPaw1227 said:
Well I've stumbled upon a local trade-in (guy wants a Range...)

'05 LR3 HSE (in White/Beiege, EXACTLY what I wanted)
Loaded with EVERY OPTION except Cooler Box, Adaptive Lighting, Bluetooth, Rear-DVD system.
Even has Tow Package & Rear Airconditioning w/ the Rear-seat package
~6k miles on it
Dealer will honor rest of 4yr./50k warranty AND will finance it as if new

It's in PERFECT shape inside and out, and just had oil changed and tire rotation/balance.

Wants $48,500 but will negotiate down...deal, or no?

Y

yamicidar

Tow package (Includes Class III receiver) cost $ 375.00. I don't know if it is the same here in Germany and back there in the States.

Y

yamicidar

My husband and I are planning on ordering 2006 LR3 HSE next month. Our dealer gave us the price list and what the standards are and the options you can get. He told us that the price is not set yet. It may go up or down. It regards to the cooler box, it is not standard on HSE for US specs LR3. You can add the Luxury Package for 1750.00 which includes Adaptive Front-lighting system, cooler box, and cold climate package. The Rear Seat Package, Climate package, Lighting package and Personal Telephone Integration System are all standards on the 2006 models. I am hoping to order the 2006 next month.

A

a990dna

I'm also looking. I drove a GX 470, Land Cruiser ... and my friends LR3. I noticed the Land Rover Web site "build and price" has changed some of the options since I last ran the report. For example, it doesn't list the tow package now.... therefore can't select it. Other options are grouped together.

I can't imagine they eliminated it ... I'm assuming its now part of the standard equipment configuration.

Anyone know the inside scoop ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM