Child Seat in Middle Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

timbo

Just purchased a new SE V6 and went to install my son's child seat in the middle of the second row of of seven seater. The seatbelt refuses to go into what LR calls "automatic locking feature" on p 62 of the manual. (This is where you can only return the belt - you can't pull any slack from the belt until you completely return the belt to its "off" position) The other belts on either side in row two and in the third row all lock when fully extended.

Is this by design (which I would hope not) or broken. If broken its not giving me great hope on that LR has its new quality control where it would like...

Thanks for the help! Regards, Tim

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you not using the child seat hooks in the middle seat?

R

ronprx

Works for me as well. You can always use the locking thing that the seats usually come with

T

timbo

Thanks Grommet and Ronprx. I agree about the locking thing until I can get it fixed, but the problem is finding the thing.

Steve - the hooks on the back of the seats are for teather anchors and the seat still needs to be secured with either the seatbelts or the LATCH system. One complaint that I already knew about the LR3 is that it lacks LATCH anchors in the middle seat.

Thanks again!

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the middle seat, I just use one LATCH anchor closest to the middle seat from each of the side seats, the belts should be long enough. The thing I have a problem with is, my child is still too young for forward facing, so I have her chair rear facing, but can't use the tether, b/c there are no anchor points under the passsenger and driver seats.

R

roadguy55

Read Manuals, LR and Seat, Carefully for install,,,

Gentlemen;

When installing a child seat in a vehicle, it is important to follow the advise of the encrypted instructions (so they may seem) for a correct installation. The placement of a child seat in the middle position using the inner latch from the outboard seats may not be appropriate (check manual) and if you have more than one seat, you can NEVER share latch anchors.

I recommend you contact a local police department or AAA for the location of a nearby certified Child Seat Technician.

As far as aftermarket items are concerned, they are never recommended as they do not have to submit to crash tests like all child seats sold in the US have to. Basically, when buying a child seat, pic one that you will install correctly, easily and fits your vehicle. The $100 seat had to pass the same crash tests as the $300 seat.

Finally, front facing child or rear facing child. All children should be rear facing minimally to the age of one full year, AND, twenty pounds. After they reach one full year AND twenty pounds, they can be turned around in an appropriate seat. Check height and weight limitations and compare.

Hope this helps.

T

timbo

Fixed

Dealer went above and beyond and pulled a replacement middle seat belt from a car in inventory and fixed the truck.

Regards, Tim

N

neytas2000

So is there or is there not a LATCH system connection for the Middle Seat?

How about the 3rd row? Can you put a car seat in that row? I know you can in a Honda Pilot (not that I am comparing the 2)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635