Cleaning Black Door Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the same 3 step wax on the "between glass" area as I do on the rest of the car. I use wax removal, foam pad polish and then a final coat of carnauba wax. You can see the prints but they wipe easily off. I actually wax the outside of the windows also with real good results, old trick from my body shop/detailer buddy. I swear my kids dip their hands on bacon fat before touching my wife's truck, which is black and don't ask me why! Of course by now with my fingerprint removal expertise I can get a part time job with CSI!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the same 3 step wax on the "between glass" area as I do on the rest of the car. I use wax removal, foam pad polish and then a final coat of carnauba wax. You can see the prints but they wipe easily off. I actually wax the outside of the windows also with real good results, old trick from my body shop/detailer buddy. I swear my kids dip their hands on bacon fat before touching my wife's truck, which is black and don't ask me why! Of course by now with my fingerprint removal expertise I can get a part time job with CSI!
Thanks for the tips - very helpful.

HAHAHA regarding the bacon grease!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM