Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Last week, I had a VentureShield installed on my 2006 LR3 with 21,000 miles. I had it done by a local shop, and I think they did a great job. I had the bra installed on the hood, grill, and front bumper. The cost was $389 + tax. I believe you can order the pre-cut bra for cheaper and put it on yourself, but I had enough trouble putting a clear protector on my phone, so I decided to let the professionals do it ;)

I already had a few tiny chips and light scratches, and I think it looks great. I bet it would look even better if it was put on when the vehicle is brand new.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Here's some pictures:

Attachments

• l_side_small.JPG
    l_side_small.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 115
  • l_side2_small.JPG
    l_side2_small.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 113
  • front_small.JPG
    front_small.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 114

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bonus picture

... and picture from today's drive. I couldn't resist.

Attachments

• lr3_in_fall_small.JPG
    lr3_in_fall_small.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 113

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost got this when my truck was new but ended up skipping it. Was tempting, though.

Does anyone have pictures of ClearBra after it has been on a couple years? Just curious how it weathers the miles, sun & weather.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the VentureShield has a lifetime warranty against cracking, bubbling, and yellowing.

Last edited:

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just looking into this myself. Do you need the bug shield if you have this material? Can you do the sides also to protect against tree branches etc?

Thanks
john

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good...I was thinking about doing this myself.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just looking into this myself. Do you need the bug shield if you have this material? Can you do the sides also to protect against tree branches etc?

Thanks
john

I'm no expert, but I've never heard of anyone using a bug shield and a clear bra at the same time. The clear bra goes up about 9.5" from the front edge of the hood, so I would imagine it pretty much replaces the need for the deflector.

Most places I've seen advertise doing the front of the vehicle. For example, the place I went to does the hood, grill, front bumper, and front lights (I didn't do my lights). However, it seems like when I was searching there were places that would do the entire hood. I'm assuming that you could find someone to do whatever you want. I guess you could also just get a roll of the stuff and do it yourself; it seems like the sides would be relatively easy compared to places on the vehicle with more edges and contours.

fwiw, I got the idea from a boss who had it done to his Ford GT and black Porsche 911 Turbo. He's had them for a while and liked them. They looked nice, so I didn't hesitate.

san6279

Reaction score
I've had the 3M Clear Bar on a 2006 LR3 for 2+ years now and it still looks great. Areas covered are hood front (letter cutouts look good), grill, headlights, behind door handles, and door edges. Never thought it would hold up this long and still look so good. A passerby would never even know it was there.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the 3M Clear Bar on a 2006 LR3 for 2+ years now and it still looks great. Areas covered are hood front (letter cutouts look good), grill, headlights, behind door handles, and door edges. Never thought it would hold up this long and still look so good. A passerby would never even know it was there.

behind the door handles is a good idea!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What happens when you wax the car? I would think you'd get a residue buildup at the seem where the clearbra stops and the paint starts. Just wondering.

I agree that behind the door handles sounds like a great idea! At a minimum, I wish I'd done that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635