Climate Control Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the climate control in the LR4, as I think there may be something wrong with my blower fans on a certain setting. Living in CA, I tend to leave my A/C on all the time, even when I raise the temperature above 70.

So, when I turn the setting on "AUTO" with A/C and turn the temperatures (driver and passenger), it works fine, as the fans seem to blow really nicely. The same is true if I turn the temperature all the way down, just below 60, to where it says "LO". At that point, the fan seems to work really well and blow hard and adjust if I adjust the fan strength dial.

However, if I turn my A/C on, but have the air blowing at the three locations (head, middle, and feet) and just use the dial to increase or decrease the fan blowers, it seems to be really faint. Even if I turn the blower power all the way up via the dial, I just don't feel the air blowing like on the other settings. I hope I explained it correctly, but I am wondering if anyone else has this problem? Or, maybe this is normal? It's just I keep having to go to "AUTO" in order to get power air blowing, as when it's off the "AUTO" mode and just fans, even at the highest speed, it does not seem to blow anywhere near as powerful.

I'd love to hear any input? Maybe this is just how things are? Help!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I tried it this morning and haven't noticed a difference in blower power when in Auto mode or manual. When the fan is in full blast in either mode it is so powerful that I feel the pressure change in my ears when the windows are closed.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I tried it this morning and haven't noticed a difference in blower power when in Auto mode or manual. When the fan is in full blast in either mode it is so powerful that I feel the pressure change in my ears when the windows are closed.
Thanks, baobay!

I appreciate your input. Well, it seems as though I will need to bring it in for service, as the manual mode really does not seem to blow the fan nearly as well as AUTO mode or when it's at LO. Maybe it's just me? I need to test it a bit more, but won't hurt to have it looked at soon. Thanks!

-David

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it yesterday. When I'm in Auto mode, and I turn the dial all the way up, it exits auto mode on it's own (the Auto light turns off), and the blower does blow really hard. In fact, it seems I could not exit auto mode unless I turned the dial. I tried pushing on the auto button and it just stays lit.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! So, it looks like I need to bring my LR4 in to check out the blower fans. I just don't think it's nearly as powerful on manual mode. I'd love to test one out at the dealership near my house. I'll keep you all posted! Maybe even do a quick video to show you. Stay tuned!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! So, it looks like I need to bring my LR4 in to check out the blower fans. I just don't think it's nearly as powerful on manual mode. I'd love to test one out at the dealership near my house. I'll keep you all posted! Maybe even do a quick video to show you. Stay tuned!

David,
WHen you put the Climate control in AUTO mode, the blower will run at a very high speed depending on the inside, outside and the selected temperatures. When you go from AUTO to MANUAL the fan speed will go down to the preselected speed you had before AUTO mode. In manual mode if you select the highest fan speed, is it less powerful than the highest fan speed in AUTO mode??? It should be the same.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
WHen you put the Climate control in AUTO mode, the blower will run at a very high speed depending on the inside, outside and the selected temperatures. When you go from AUTO to MANUAL the fan speed will go down to the preselected speed you had before AUTO mode. In manual mode if you select the highest fan speed, is it less powerful than the highest fan speed in AUTO mode??? It should be the same.
Hey baobay,

Thanks for the message. Yes, in manual mode, the highest fan speed is SIGNIFICANTLY less powerful than in AUTO mode unless you put the dial all the way down to LO. At that point, the fans will blow more powerful, like that in AUTO mode. I almost always keep the AC on, use manual (blower fan up, middle, and foot highlighted), and then use the fan speeds and temperature controls to adjust. However, on warm days, I absolutely need to use AUTO or put the temperature down to LO or else the fans just do NOT blow powerful enough to circulate the air.

Seriously, on say 70 degrees, I can barely feel air blowing out of the vents when it's in manual mode on the highest fan speed. When it's in AUTO mode, it blows like crazy!!!

Do you think this is an issue with my system??? I want to stop by the dealership and test out another LR4.

I am currently in Boston right now, but return to SF on Wednesday and may take a quick video to show everyone.

Thanks for your input on this matter and I will keep everyone posted.

Regards, David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah David I would take it in to be looked at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM