Codes P0422 and P0456

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrainDocVA

Reaction score
I have a RR Sport 2015 with almost 100k miles on it. It runs fine but the engine yellow light came on with Codes P0442 and P0456 on the scanner. I changed the gas cap which helped temporarily. Within a few days the engine light came back on. I went to a local Virginia autoshop and they changed other things I didn't need like all the batteries without fixing the reason I came in for. Is the smoke test the best route to figure out what's actually wrong? The same local autoshop said the smoke test will take 2 hours to complete. Any suggestions?

Vflo

Reaction score
Code is usually for an oxygen sensor related issue. However I got this code once and found out it was the gas I was using. I started with the gas before changing sensor, and a year later, never see that code again. I use shell 93 or mobile 93. Hope this helps. It was the cheapest route and it worked. Also, sounds like your mechanic is using typical trial and error method$$$$

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick