Colorado area folks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello I hate to be a cross poster hopefully the mods dont toss my thread but it seems that the regional forums arent getting a lot of traffic. I see a million Discos around the area I know some have had to find this website. Plus its a break from the oh no my car is broke please help me threads.

Any owners want to join in a cruise on some light/moderate trails in the Colorado Springs area this weekend? Details are in the regional under other locations.

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friday/Saturday will both most likely be snow days, Sorry.
Are you in the Rover club, should meet up sometime.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday is supposed to be fairly warm and partly cloudy according to the last report I saw. Might be a bit colder up by Cripple Creek but its not showing much chance of precipitation. If anything there will be some snow on the trail in the higher elevations left over from friday. Unnless they really get slammed a decent 4wd vehicle should be able to handle it. Of course weather changes pretty rapidly here.

I signed up with the Solihull Society if thats who you are talking about... They have a Chinaman Gulch run scheduled for the 21st, and there is a ton of snow out by Buena Vista.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you joined up, lots of good members in the club.
If you are not pretty well modified, 3" lift, tires. sliders and lockers then don't plan on Chinaman Gulch, it will tear you up.
Stay in touch, as the snow settles down on some of the trails, we will be making some short runs.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not ready to have boulders taking bites out of my rocker panels and doors so im going to pass on Chinaman for a while lol. The current weather report still says partly cloudy on Saturday although the high temp is now only looking to be 35-40. Still, unless the high altitudes really get slammed I dont think it will be too bad.

Ill keep an eye out for club runs, although I deploy to the middle east later this summer so I might miss out on some of the good stuff. I want to get as much in as I can in the mean time.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to rain on your parade, so to speak, but, NOAA says different.
PM me your number and maybe we can work up a run soon.

4 Miles E Manitou Springs CO

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at intelliicast. NOAA only says 20% chance of precip though. If it changes for the worse will try to push back to sunday if ppl can.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM