Control arms or sway bar end links?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 2010lr4 I get a clunk in the front end when hitting potholes or other rough uneven surfaces. Are they as susceptible to LCA failure as the LR3? My friend who owns a tire store said he thought it could be the sway bar end links. Truck has 68k on it.

Thanks

Dubai78

Reaction score
I am hearing the same thing when I hit speed bumps. I have approx 60K Km on the car. Dropping the car in a few dealers for service and I am going to ask them to take a look

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine replaced around 50k miles as well as bushings. According to first dealer in MA it isn't common. According to dealer in NM who also changed the hub and bearings. It is less common than on LR3s but still something that they have to perform regularly.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you don't know which item was actually making the clunk?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check my invoices. I believe that it was a ball joint but could be wrong.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked. It was a worn lower ball joint. Replaced under warranty.
Funny I remember hearing clunk on the right side (passenger) and they replaced the one on the left. Noise is gone though since then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72