cooper LTZ owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It totally depends on what tires you have. With the stock GoodForOneYears, go with the info provided.
I'm running General Grabber AT2s now. Any thoughts on these?

The place that installed them aired them up to 46psi (warm) all the way around. That seemed extremely high. I'm currently running them at 33psi front, 38psi rear (in between the door and the owner's manual), but clearly the LR3 is prone to eating tires (like our Touareg was) so I'm very sensitive to the correct pressure.

Thanks,
Rich

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to try the new coopers in the snow? If so please tell your thoughts?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my Cooper Zeon LTZ's in a couple inches of snow and mud yesterday here in Southern California! There was one section of semi-frozen dirt with a couple inches of melting snow that turned the sandy dirt into something that exactly resembled the feel of driving on Crisco cooking shortening! My truck did better than most of the others, but it was pretty darn slick. On the regular mud and snow, I did fine, but I did not test it at street speeds on pavement, so don't act on my feedback alone.

Richpike, Your Grabbers are similar to the Nitto/Coopers. You are running them too soft right now for daily street driving. I typically air DOWN to 30-32psi when off roading with the Coopers!

With my 285/60/18's, I run 40 PSI in the front, and 42 in the rear on the street. It seems to be about perfect.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Richpike, Your Grabbers are similar to the Nitto/Coopers. You are running them too soft right now for daily street driving. I typically air DOWN to 30-32psi when off roading with the Coopers!

With my 285/60/18's, I run 40 PSI in the front, and 42 in the rear on the street. It seems to be about perfect.

Thanks much. I may have to re-evaluate what pressures we are running.

-Rich

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods -

any chance those coopers saw some ice? given the tread depth and pattern they look like they would do fine in snow.. but, looks like there is also a lot of surface area without much sipping that could hinder icey, slushy driving? are they softer than the nittos you were wearing?

- kz

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods -

any chance those coopers saw some ice? given the tread depth and pattern they look like they would do fine in snow.. but, looks like there is also a lot of surface area without much sipping that could hinder icey, slushy driving? are they softer than the nittos you were wearing?

- kz

No, I have no idea how they'll do in ice, but yes they are definately softer than the Nitto's and they are very well siped. They do great in the rain.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan thanks for the feedback! Snow in SoCal... what is the world coming to? I'm glad to hear they performed well off the road but with the soft compound I'm a little uncertain of how they would perform on the Cold Icy Chicago Roads in comparison to the Nittos, let me know your thoughts as I value your opinion. I'm at a loss as most everyone I know with a Modern Gen Rover in ChiTown is running stock HP's or the silent armour.
Thanks!
Charles

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Universally, I am told that the BFG AT/2's are great in the snow, and of course, amazing off road and have fantastic tread wear. You might get a bit more road noise out of them though.

Beyond that, I really can't say, as I have not encountered those conditions that you have there...and I'm not missing it any!

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dry_fly... i too am interested in figuring out the ice traction.. seems like the silent armours have gotten really good ratings on tirerack for ice traction.. price point on the coopers is pretty hard to beat tho

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
di_LR3_co ,
I just ordered my Cooper LTZ's Should be here by the end of week with possible snow/ice in the forecast. I'll be sure to give you the full report as soon as I am able.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4