cooper LTZ owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BFG AT's and can say that they are fantastic in the snow. There is very little difference in road noise on dry as well. Highly recommended.

smithrep

Reaction score
Any new snow driving stories about the Coppers to pass on to those of us still waiting for our goodyears to wear out?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not snow yet, but they did fantastic in the all the rain we recently had in SoCal.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new Cooper LTZ's I fitted on my SE are phenominal in the snow & Ice! We've had some nasty conditions over the last few weeks in Chicago and I must say I think Cooper designed these tires specifically for the LR3.... Great traction in mud, snow, slush & Ice... Manners on dry road are quite & responsive... plus they look tough as hell! You just cant beat them for the price. I suggest these for any and every modern day rover!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit a a news bulletin regarding Cooper Zeon LTZ's. Discount Tire is the sole distributor in the USA, and they have temporarily stopped selling the Zeon's in this size due to internal logistic issues. Cooper has not discontinued them, and in fact, Discount reports that they are selling very well at this size, above expectations, but they are temporarily unavailable.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the Zeons and they have done great offroad and surprisingly well on the road too. They handle nice...I air down and up about the same as Nathan has indicated above.

I get some rubbing on the front fender flare when my steering wheel is at full lock, but that is due to my aftermarket rims having a bit wider offset than OE. Also, I notice that I have a much bigger problem with this in REVERSE. In a forward gear (at offroad height or even normal) I don't recall rubbing at all, but in reverse and full steering lock I rub in the front even at offroad height.

Anyone have an idea of why this might be? I'm guessing it's the tuning of the auto-leveling in the EAS. Nathan, you won't have this issue with your sprung LR3.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit a a news bulletin regarding Cooper Zeon LTZ's. Discount Tire is the sole distributor in the USA, and they have temporarily stopped selling the Zeon's in this size due to internal logistic issues. Cooper has not discontinued them, and in fact, Discount reports that they are selling very well at this size, above expectations, but they are temporarily unavailable.
This is a bummer - some wet, muddy, sandy trails this weekend convinced me that I need to dump the POS Goodyears that came on the '05 I bought a few months ago.

I've actually been waiting, hoping that MTR's would show up in 285/60/18's, but I don't want to wait any more. The Nitto Terra's are probably a decent substitute for the Zeons, right?

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the Zeons and they have done great offroad and surprisingly well on the road too. They handle nice...I air down and up about the same as Nathan has indicated above.

I get some rubbing on the front fender flare when my steering wheel is at full lock, but that is due to my aftermarket rims having a bit wider offset than OE. Also, I notice that I have a much bigger problem with this in REVERSE. In a forward gear (at offroad height or even normal) I don't recall rubbing at all, but in reverse and full steering lock I rub in the front even at offroad height.

Anyone have an idea of why this might be? I'm guessing it's the tuning of the auto-leveling in the EAS. Nathan, you won't have this issue with your sprung LR3.

Houm, When you accelerate in reverse the front suspension squats down and that's why your front tires rub more going backwards. It's just the opposite of going forward and the rear end squatting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99