Cooper st maxx 265 60 18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve just driven some 30K km (20K miles) on these tyres - no mods except the Compo rims - on all kinds of (largely offroad) surfaces around Central Asia. On the plus side, these tyres are extremely sturdy. I’ve loaded the car super full for a 4-month expedition (with, at times, 4 people on board, too - insane!) and yet they look like they could easily go three times as much, maybe more. On the negative, for SAND and MUD, the tread could be a truer MT. The specs tell you MT but in fact it’s on the verge of a robust AT tyre like the KO2s - which, by the way, I am considering next, except in size 265/65. By way of comparison, the KO2s have (optically at least) a more reinforced sidewall but are only rated to some 1175 kg per tyre, if memory serves, while the ST Maxxes are rated to 1380 kg - unbeatable in this size, AFIK. Caution, though, the are LOUD on asphalt! But you will hardly notice that if you use them for their intended terrain:).

Reaction score
I’ve just driven some 30K km (20K miles) on these tyres - no mods except the Compo rims - on all kinds of (largely offroad) surfaces around Central Asia. On the plus side, these tyres are extremely sturdy. I’ve loaded the car super full for a 4-month expedition (with, at times, 4 people on board, too - insane!) and yet they look like they could easily go three times as much, maybe more. On the negative, for SAND and MUD, the tread could be a truer MT. The specs tell you MT but in fact it’s on the verge of a robust AT tyre like the KO2s - which, by the way, I am considering next, except in size 265/65. By way of comparison, the KO2s have (optically at least) a more reinforced sidewall but are only rated to some 1175 per tyre, if memory serves, while the ST Maxxes are rated to 1380 kg - unbeatable in this size, AFIK. Caution, though, the are LOUD on asphalt! But you will hardly notice that if you use them for their intended terrain:).

Thank you!! I’ve had them on a 2500 pickup. Well aware of the road noise. But I had great luck otherwise. Do you have any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!! I’ve had them on a 2500 pickup. Well aware of the road noise. But I had great luck otherwise. Do you have any pictures?

You mean, pics of how little they have worn? I can take some tomorrow (it’s now night time in the Caucasus, where I am now). When last inspected, only one tyre had a chipped sidewall. Nothing major, the carcass not showing through but that’s one reason though why I’m thinking of also checking out the KO2s. I can measure how much tread is left but it’s looking genuinely good overall.

E1966

Reaction score
i have them for about 6 months so far.....good tire, heavy, will eat brake pads quicker and your fuel addiction will get worse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA