Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60/R18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is my 2nd winter season on the Zeons. I've been pretty impressed with their ability in snow & ice for an all season tire. Highly reccommended

timtiedemann

Reaction score
Do I need to know anything regarding the tire pressure sensors when installing the Cooper Zeon 285/60/r18's?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I need to know anything regarding the tire pressure sensors when installing the Cooper Zeon 285/60/r18's?
No, they still work fine. I moved them from my stock 19's to the 18's I bought for the Zeons and there are no issues. (Well, except that I had to mostly deflate the spare to make it fit underneath, so I get a "Check Spare Tire Pressure" message every time I start up.) :rolleyes:

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they still work fine. I moved them from my stock 19's to the 18's I bought for the Zeons and there are no issues. (Well, except that I had to mostly deflate the spare to make it fit underneath, so I get a "Check Spare Tire Pressure" message every time I start up.) :rolleyes:

Boaz,

Have you thought about removing the heat sheild around the spare? This might work without deflating. I have been driving without mine for over a month and no problems. But, my spare is a dounut(?) spare.

Pic

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but it's right against the frame anyway, so I don't think it would really make much of a difference. No biggie. I carry a compressor in the back anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I tried taking the spacers out to be able to crank it up a little higher, since the extra width (285) makes it stick out a little more. But it's too hard to get around back of the spacers. Anyone else able to get those out? What did you use to do it? (Maybe I should start a new thread on that...) Oh well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99