Cracked Dash Options - Dashmat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 06 with no cracks. It's never seen a garage except for when I travel and left at the airport. That said I do have a custom fit sunshade that I use in the summer and every few weeks I wipe it down with a no/low gloss protectant.

I would imagine though that getting a old school vinyl filler and wrapping it in something like carbon wrap or even soft vinyl might cover things up and not look too terrible. Never a fan of carpets, like many said I would imagine it just hold in the dirt.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 06 with no cracks. It's never seen a garage except for when I travel and left at the airport. ... and every few weeks I wipe it down with a no/low gloss protectant.
I think that's what is protecting it for you.
I wish I had religiously applied that to my steering wheel center and dash and I suspect the cover wouldn't be curved at the top and the dash wouldn't be cracked!

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had religiously applied that to my steering wheel

I have to say I HATE my steering wheel. All the pores filled in with dirt/oil/mud/grease/etc and now it's glazed over and at times sticky when it's hot out. Like an idiot, i scrubbed it with various products and wore the "urethane" off which I did not even know existed. I've been looking for a replacement and also investigating how to repair. There is a chemical process to fix but it's pricey.

Too bad LR used crappy vinyl for the dashes anyway, that sucks people have so many cracks, I had no idea.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe LR updated the steering wheel design. My 05 steering wheel started gumming up after a few years. I had it replaced under warranty. The one I have now is perfectly fine. Maybe there is a tech bulletin regarding this?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe LR updated the steering wheel design. My 05 steering wheel started gumming up after a few years. I had it replaced under warranty. The one I have now is perfectly fine. Maybe there is a tech bulletin regarding this?

I had mine replaced under warranty.
New one did the same thing! :mad:

metalslug

Reaction score
I actually go the suede Dashmat model but it just didn't look right and the fitment wasn't that great. If anyone would like to purchase it let me know. It's back in the box still brand new. I'll take a reason offers for it. Regular price is 40 dollars I believe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635