crank sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
location question. where is the crank sensor on a 96 discovery 1 sd. and what does it look like i ordered one and i cant seem to find anything on my rove that looks like the one i ordered. i ordered from atlantic british the only one that matched up w my year and model. part # ERR6119 .

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be what you need, Can't remember if it is the drivers or passengers side, but it is where the bell housing attaches to the engine. should be right there.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its covered with a heat-shield so that will disguise the sensor and, yes, its on the driver's side at the bell housing which means its right down where you would expect the starter to be - if you had the starter on that side.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fond it . changed it. didnt resolve the problem im having

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96 discovery 170,000 miles.seems to have some sort of electical issue w the engine that usualy but not always occurs when it heats up. dosnt over heat . and the problem only happens when its in gear,never in park or nuetral w the engine reved. so the problem is that when driving along in any gear at any speed . the engine will sort of pulse on and off power. but will never truely die. it has brand new cats o2 sensors plugs wires,cleaned the mass air sensor,checked fuel presure,that was fine ruling out a fuel pump or filter. and all this fun without a check engine light. also replaced the crank sensor. i dont think i left anything out.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My money is on a failing fuel pump, is it original, have you tested the draw from the pump when this happens, how about the fuel pressure at the rail while acting up?

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel presure at the rail remains constant when it acts up. leading me to believe it to be an electical problem

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the speedometer doing? does is registry correctly when you have power issues?

Have you attempted to downshift to see if this fixes the issue?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer