Cruise Control Not Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice new forum look!

So,,,, I have been getting this intermittent "Cruise Control Not Available" message in the message center. I have the vehicle in the "std" terrain response mode, without hill descent on. In other words, I am driving down the highway and get the message..

Any thoughts?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad connection to your computer. Have them clean the connectors under the hood in the Battery compartment area.

dbregman

Reaction score
I had this problem as well there is a service bulletin (TSB) on it - the dealer needs to replace the clockspring in the Cruise Control switch on the steering wheel. It is a warranty issue.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that! It is very random when I get it and how often. I don't think I've had it since my 37.5K checkup so perhaps a software update took care of it.

However, I'd either get it randomly or when coming off a beach and switching the vehicle height and terrain response mode....every once in a while I'd get in a mode where cruise control should be available, but isn't. For that matter, sometimes when coming back onroad, and I reset all the conditions as noted above, all kinds of wierd things will happen with the transmission (hold me in first gear or something).

Its rare when any of that happens and a vehicle restart always clears it. Certainly a pain in the butt, but nothing I could hope the LR techs would ever be able to reproduce.

Anyone else see this behavior?

dbregman

Reaction score
Wierd - I THOUGH I posted a reply the other day (maybe another forum?)

I too had this issue. The clock spring needs to be replaced on your cruise control switch on the steering wheel. I believe there is a TSB on the issue. When the dealer replace mine, it worked like a charm.

qwe111

Reaction score
Hi,

Problems with the cruise control are quite often due to a bad amplifier. See www.ecu-rc.com for more information, they can also repair these units.

Goodluck.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. I just had it happen to me again during some holiday highway travels. :)

Just going down the highway minding my own business, I hit the Cruise Off button (lower cancel button, whatever its called) and the info screen beeps and gives the message.

Now...no more cruise control for the rest of my trip. :( ...or, until I pull over and power cycle the car.

What are the chances of the LR techs being able to recreate this one!

victorhess

Reaction score
These threads are a bit older, but I'm wondering if anyone had this issue fixed out of warranty (per DBregman it's the clock spring) and what it may have cost?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9