Dash and consul lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 96' Disco, only some of the dash switches light up when the headlights turn on.
For instance, the "SEL" switch light up, but not the "NEXT" switch. And the cruise control switch lights up, but not the fog light switch.
I am assuming it is just bad bulbs because all the switch function proplerly when pressed.
If so, is there anyway to put new bulbs in, or do I have to replace the entire switch?
Also, I can't tell what gear i have selected at night with my auto tranny because the consul does not light up. IS it supposed to light???

Can anyone provide me with a list of which switches are supposed to light up?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure on the dash switches... don't remember if mine light up or not, never paid any attention.

The shifter should light up, it has two small bulbs located under the plastic, remove carefully, it might break if tweaked too hard.

Remove the bulbs and drive to NAPA and get a bulb that matches. I got mine replaced for less than a $1 IIRC.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4