Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this small crack on the passenger airbag outline in the dash. Anybody else have this happen with 44k? I would think this is covered under warranty? this has been a dallas rover for most of it's life. I'll post a pic in a few hours.

cid:7F3EB2DD-3268-4AD4-BE5C-3D0D66AD5B19/photo.JPG

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall reading about the exact same issue a while back, but I don't remember which forum it was on.

GMT

Reaction score
Had mine replaced under warranty for exact same issue.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in FL with my 06' and heard from a few owners and two dealers that it can be a common thing in hot climates. Mine is cracked surrounding the airbag and happened this past summer. Was told its about 1k to replace the dash.

Deerod021

Reaction score
I have this problem as well, going to check out at the dealer tomm. Ill let you know what they say but Im out of warranty:help:

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same issue here, I'm under extended warranty & they denied the claim. Seems like a safety issue to me but APCO & LRNA disagrees.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thrasher::thrasher:
Just noticed this small crack on the passenger airbag outline in the dash. Anybody else have this happen with 44k? I would think this is covered under warranty? this has been a dallas rover for most of it's life. I'll post a pic in a few hours.

cid:7F3EB2DD-3268-4AD4-BE5C-3D0D66AD5B19/photo.JPG

Ass crack

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 87

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how mine started.... You might try a very small bit of super glue to stop the progression.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I have the same cracking issue with my 06 hse.

OK, so it is safe to say that I just can either leave the cracks as is or simply pay dealer and replace it?

I haven't seen any posts but has anyone experienced the airbag deploying at random because the dash was cracked???

I don't have any problem leaving it for now but if there are safety issues involved, I'll change it ASAP..

Please comment. Thanks.

PhyrraM

Reaction score
Asthetic only. No safety issue to be concerned about.

The back of the dash pad is likely relieved to make sure it 'breaks' in the proper pattern if/when the airbag deploys. It's likely that these relieved areas are starting to dry and crack, that's all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72