dealer-installed navi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

speakman

hello, me again...

so we got a good deal on an LR3 SE V8 (picked up today) but want to retrofit a navi. we plan to use the "official" kosher Land Rover dealer to do the work and would pay the big bucks to get the real Land Rover thing if it were possible. but they say it is not possible and have given us two options: a cheapo version for about $1200 installed, or a fancier version for about double that. we understand that the fancier one at least fits snugly in the space and "looks like" the LR version (at least when switched off) apart from the logo and the cool 4x4 display, etc. i guess our questions are:

(1) is there really no way we can get a "real" LR navi retrofitted into an LR3 V8, even if we're theoretically prepared to hemorrhage major bucks into the effort?

(2) if not, does anyone have any idea what the aftermarket solution that fits into the space is going to look like, i.e., what they are going to offer us that may or may not be worth double a generic ugly stick-on-the-windshield effort?

thanks!
john

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Really, no way... not supported and no sane service department will attempt it.
2) I've seen a few installs, with varying results. Any custom install shop can do a clean looking job.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you surf www.disco3.co.uk, you will find dozens of after market GPS/Nav installs, some of them quite fancy looking, none of them as expensive as you listed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4