Defender 130 an LR4 replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rashers

Reaction score
Never. I will buy used V8 LR4s until I eventually crap out.
Agreed. i recently moved from a 2009 V8 to 2016 v6 supercharged. my thinking was to focus on the lowest milage i could get in an used LR4. i miss the V8, even my high milage, very tired motor is it still had far superior power that the new car. the V8 is better in so many ways.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100%... I dont understand why JLR felt it had to replace it with the Discovery which is worse in all of the above. IF they ever bring back the LR4 body/style I'll be back. Having said that, I bough all our LR4s and RRs new and never kept any of them for more than 5 years.

By now we all know the warts on the V8 LR4s and how to deal with them. The unreliable reputation helps to keep the prices down for us used market trolls lol.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By now we all know the warts on the V8 LR4s and how to deal with them. The unreliable reputation helps to keep the prices down for us used market trolls lol.

Neither of my V8 LR4 & RRS or TDV6 LR4 & RRs gave me any problems while I owned them. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if they went back to the old (classic) lines instead of the new (evoque) lines.

BTW, I hadn't even seen the GW before reading this thread, but it sure looks nice. I'd buy one of those...

P.S. I like your sig... 500XCF-W in my garage

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This times 10.
I think what really scares people on cars.com etc. is the 12/17 city highway number. My wife always gets at least 15.5-16.5 around town and you can get 18.5 on the highway pretty regularly. The aerodynamics do make a huge difference cruising at 65 vs 80.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100%... I dont understand why JLR felt it had to replace it with the Discovery which is worse in all of the above.

Wrong. D5 exceeds all Land Rover vehicles except New Defender in off road capability, and equals New Defender in off road capability except for approach and departure angles. And with the Td6 engine, the D5 is much more capable off road than the LR4 ever was.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong. D5 exceeds all Land Rover vehicles except New Defender in off road capability, and equals New Defender in off road capability except for approach and departure angles. And with the Td6 engine, the D5 is much more capable off road than the LR4 ever was.
Spoken like a true D5 owner [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This times 10.
I think what really scares people on cars.com etc. is the 12/17 city highway number. My wife always gets at least 15.5-16.5 around town and you can get 18.5 on the highway pretty regularly. The aerodynamics do make a huge difference cruising at 65 vs 80.

That’s what my on-board system says, but when I keep track manually, its quite different - always at least 2-3 mpg less. I think the 12/17 is close to real world.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what my on-board system says, but when I keep track manually, its quite different - always at least 2-3 mpg less. I think the 12/17 is close to real world.
There's a CCF setting to calibrate the onboard computer. I think mine is at -9% and is currently accurate. I log all of my fuel ups.

When I first got my car I figured 23 mpg on the highway was a little too optimistic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9