Defender coming back to US?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefenderGirl

Reaction score
Since I am new to this forum, I apologize if this topic has been covered already.

Does anyone have any information about the Defender coming back to the US in 2007? Thx!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the current rumor.... we shall see.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Np, I respond to just about everything but LR3 questions..... unless I don't have a clue (items like radio upgrades)

A

AZSTALZ

As a prior Defender 90 owner, I am not only happy to see that they've not reskinned an LR2/3 with round headlights and called it a "Defender", but I am very pleased to see that LR has preserved the heritage associated with such a vehicle and added some nice creature comforts and revised powerplants. See the attached website link:
http://www.landyonline.co.za/specs/defender2007.htm
There are even "spy" photos from the factory showing the updated bonnet and dashboard! Good for Land Rover!!!!

C

cowboycammo

has anybody noticed by looking at front-on shots of the new metal, and also the new dash outlay - the iconic under-windscreen air vents are gone!! noooo!
no more of the cheapest air con in history! i hope this is rectified before production

over n out
cammo

DefenderGirl

Reaction score
Guess as to pricing?

Does anyone have any idea what the pricing would be? . . . guessing is fine. Do you think it will jump up much from the current UK pricing model?

A

AZSTALZ

LRNA will probably position the Defender family in between the LR2 and LR3 vehicles. When the Defender 90 was introduced in 1994, it had a list price of $27,900, stripped to the bone. It looks like the 'new' Defender will come stock with many more creature comforts than that model, so it will probably be more like $35K......

DefenderFanCA

Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned here about whether this revised Defender will actually reach the US.

Do you know what's odd? There isn't anything in the article about additional safety features, such as airbags. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that one of the reasons the existing Defender isn't imported to the US?

Secondly, these engine options would be considered puny by US standards. The US market will not be kind to a 2.4 liter engine in an expensive vehicle.

I sure hope I'm wrong, but these two factors make me seriously wonder if this vehicle is going to make it to the US.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9