Definitive roof rack thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kerrie

Reaction score
Went with the Frontrunner rack! I just wanted to say thanks to all for posting your advice on the rack and install! It really made life a bit easier for me getting this beast up there! (Not pictured is me folded in half, sitting on top, installing that dang wind deflector, while an upset momma bird screamed at me to hurry up and finish! LOL)

IMG_4292.jpeg

tacos&beer

Reaction score
I was looking for a small light duty platform that I could easily remove when not being used for an extended period of time. I opted for the Yakima Lock-N-Load (K-55"x49"). It attaches to my existing Yakima crossbars and can be easily removed. It sits a little higher than I would like but overall am pretty pleased with it. Just thought I'd share.

unnamed-2 copy.jpg

unnamed-3 copy.jpg

unnamed-4 copy.jpg

unnamed-5.jpg

unnamed-6.jpg

Ben Myton

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw one by powerfuluk that is mounted on the passenger side of the rear liftgate and now I'm wondering if there's a benefit to either design.
I think the passenger side versions give you one extra step. On the front runner the step to the bumper and the step onto that first rung are both pretty long.

The ProSpeed ladder adds a little side step to get you going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ProSpeed ladder adds a little side step to get you going.

I always wondered about the physics of that off-center step and how well the attachment system would support that lateral force as you start up it. I think I'll go with a no-drill/no-dismantle passenger side option for starters.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
I always wondered about the physics of that off-center step and how well the attachment system would support that lateral force as you start up it. I think I'll go with a no-drill/no-dismantle passenger side option for starters.
100% agree. I gave up and decided if I didn’t like the high step I should consider cutting back on beer and do some yoga [emoji1787]

Since there’s little chance of that, I’ll just make old dad noises every time I climb on the rack [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@magus what size pioneer platform did you get? And did you need to get spacers to raise above the antenna? Also, what wheels are those?

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 5.48.22 PM.png

No, I don't think I needed spacers for the antenna but can't remember ...

The wheels are powder coated 18" LR3 OEM wheels (with spacers).

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA