Depreciation Value for LR4 after accident

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the lead. I just submitted my info to them, so we'll see. Sorry about the wreck. $ 6K sounds low for your repairs. The OE parts alone for the door, fender and components on mine are $4K+, didn't even get into the mirror and trim parts. His Ins Co's initial estimate spec'd 'salvaged' parts...that's not happening.
Just FYI, I didn’t really shop around on the DV appraisal, so I can’t yet vouch for TigerDV. I would be interested in knowing what you think of their estimate in your case (compared to what you calculated yourself).

As for salvage parts, personally I see no problem with salvage body parts. They don’t salvage damaged body parts, only clean parts, so I generally think its fine. In my case, new parts would have taken forever to get - the rear glass and tailgate simply was not available. Couldn’t even get an ETA, so it would have taken months. And I didn’t take the body shop’s word for it - checked myself at a couple of sources. The body shop found a salvaged tailgate with the glass (like new) that I could get right away.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what scares me. I don't want some ****** to rear end me and end my Discovery...

There isn't much that compares to these.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main question to all of you in an accident, have you considered in hiring an attorney for your Claim?
I think it depends on how much money you’re talking about, and what kind of problems you’re running up against. For the money I’m looking for on a DV claim, I don’t think it’s worth hiring an attorney. If they’re totaling out the car and cheating you by $10K on the valuation, that might be a different story.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what scares me. I don't want some ****** to rear end me and end my Discovery...

There isn't much that compares to these.
My advice: avoid LA. Had to go down for a soccer tourney and decided last minute to drive instead of fly. Bad choice. Stuck in LA traffic, and some A-hole texting on phone plowed into me. (Kidding about LA - just as bad up here in SF and so many other places).

1Diana

Reaction score
Great thread, my wife was also crashed by someone who runned a red light this week =( and our 2013 LR4 is quite damaged, not sure if is going to be totaled or repaired. My main question to all of you in an accident, have you considered in hiring an attorney for your Claim? I know each case is a different case, but trying to make sure we get more than if we haggled alone for the diminished value for our LR4.
I haven’t hired an attorney. So far the other guys insurance has been paying for my rental car(Audi Q7) and paid the repair bill. I didn’t get hurt, so apart from the diminished value claim, not sure what else you can get out of them.
Side note the mechanic said the threshold for totaling the car was $24,000. I had $13,000 in damages.
We should all compare what we get for the diminished value claim

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, I didn’t really shop around on the DV appraisal, so I can’t yet vouch for TigerDV. I would be interested in knowing what you think of their estimate in your case (compared to what you calculated yourself).

As for salvage parts, personally I see no problem with salvage body parts. They don’t salvage damaged body parts, only clean parts, so I generally think its fine. In my case, new parts would have taken forever to get - the rear glass and tailgate simply was not available. Couldn’t even get an ETA, so it would have taken months. And I didn’t take the body shop’s word for it - checked myself at a couple of sources. The body shop found a salvaged tailgate with the glass (like new) that I could get right away.

My repair took 4 months and most of that was waiting on parts. That rear quarter panel was something like $2300 cdn alone. The shop said the problem was the LR4 is a low volume model so there is no cheap aftermarket body parts for it. This is a good thing for owners. My rebuild was all OE LR parts. The insurance industry has clued in up here though. The LR4 now has an "expensive to repair" rider.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Personally I won't seriously consider purchasing a damaged vehicle.
(My very first car was damaged before I bought it and I had issues for it's entire life.)

But, based on your repair estimate I would think that CarFax would call that a minor accident.
And based on what I am seeing for prices right now, seems like previous accidents - especially minor ones, are having a very minor impact on resale price.
(There has been that red LR4 out there with a salvage title for a while now - asking full price...)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA