DI with E3 spark plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, is anyone using E3 spark plugs in their DI?

I'm doing a few top end things in the next week and I'm thinking about replacing my 50K old iridiums (unless they look new)

The truck's been running excellent

Any input invited, thx

luck,greg

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Iridium plugs are probably still good.
My experience with them was not the best. I used to use Plus 4 which gave me a lot more low end torque, after 70,000 plus mile, did head gaskets and tried the new Fusion, works OK but lost my low end torque, so for the money, the Plus 4's worked better for me.
As for the E3's, don't know of anyone who has reported back on theirs yet, will be interested to hear though.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx, Mike
I had plus 4's in my RR when I sold it, I liked them also - I think I'm going to try E3's
as I don't know anyone that's used them.

(I'll keep the iridiums on my bench, tho')

I have, however, seen them dyno & emmission tested & they were better than other decent plugs.

luck,greg

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen them on other engines, the real proof, though, is how well they test in our engines.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, tho' unless they're pitiful, I'm not going to post about it until I've got some miles.

Likewise my 5 liter bronco four hole injectors.

luck,greg

Last edited:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Iridium plugs are probably still good.
My experience with them was not the best. I used to use Plus 4 which gave me a lot more low end torque, after 70,000 plus mile, did head gaskets and tried the new Fusion, works OK but lost my low end torque, so for the money, the Plus 4's worked better for me.
As for the E3's, don't know of anyone who has reported back on theirs yet, will be interested to hear though.

Mike; "a lot more low end torque" then "but lost my low enf torque" switching from Plus 4 to Fusion, I would like to see dyno numbers before I believe these comments between these plug brand changes. Unless you pulled out worn away way beyond normal mileage plugs with .065" gaps having worn and pitted away electrodes this doesn't fly. I don't buy this at all, sorry. If that's the case one manufacrure would now be in the chips and all over the news with the other out of business by now with those vast result differences of such a low performance of a plug.
If I use liquid wax vs paste wax I gain over 24 mph faster top end speed, I switch back to paste wax again and my top end speed drops by 24 mph. Proof we need solid proof in both statements be it your as well my statements. Hell I add two magnets from a computer HD to my fuel injection rail and now get 34 mpg with a heavy right foot around town, again another statement that has a hint of that stinky brown stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72