Diagnostic Tool for Discovery 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update to this. The firmware for the Gap tool is now out of beta for the +2017 vehicles. I was able to program an additional key yesterday with no issues. It does take a few steps with emails to gap to get everything unlocked for key programming but it does work now. I have also noticed that the menus for the interface have been updated and now support items like main battery replacement and telematric battery replacement.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone rent gap tools for those of us who say want to just program a key or diagnose the suspension?

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone rent gap tools for those of us who say want to just program a key or diagnose the suspension?
I'm not aware of a place that rents GAP IID tools. You might be able to find an independent mechanic that owns the 'Pro' version of the tool (or other LR diagnostic gear) and would help you out for less than a LR dealer. The standard tool (GAP IID BT G3 @ $500 +/-) owned by most is code-locked to a single vehicle (VIN no.) It can be moved around, ie when sold, but there is a registration process and fees charged each time that it's moved. The 'Pro' version is universal but costs over $2k (plus yearly subscription fees..I think).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA