Did I break something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if OP figured it out but here was my LCA experience... Are your wheels are pointed straight? When I did mine, after completing the right side, I inadvertently turned my wheels to the right. Once I unbolted the left side and I had the LCA out, I couldn't see that the wheel wasn't straight. Took me 45 minutes to figure it out. I straightened my wheels and the arm lined up and everything was fine.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
With some wiggling around something came unbound and I was able to get it all bolted up. Called around for an alignment and some shops wanted to charge 50% extra because this was a Land Rover. Basterds. I took it to Firestone and they did it in an hour for $90.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With some wiggling around something came unbound and I was able to get it all bolted up. Called around for an alignment and some shops wanted to charge 50% extra because this was a Land Rover. Basterds. I took it to Firestone and they did it in an hour for $90.
They see the brand and get all excited thinking they're going to sucker the owners of these trucks and make a quick buck. It's the same as doing an alignment on any car. Yeah its bigger and heavier, but it takes the same damn tools as a Honda civic lol. I'd ask for a printout of the values before the alignment and what they were able to get it down to post alignment. They should be able to get it into factory specs easily. My local Goodyear does it spot on for $79.99.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
For $200 Firestone offers a lifetime alignment. I was told by a sales rep, "On Black Friday, it's $50 off."

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a tad more complicated(but not much) to align these trucks than a regular car, due to the air suspension and the need to put it in tight tolerance mode. I've used the firestone lifetime alignment program on mine and some locations won't align it while others will. Apparently the older Hunter alignment racks don't like these trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72