Disable Eco start/stop action permanently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apache

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info. I don't want to sound sarcastic, but it looks like the easiest and most dependable way would be just not wear the seat belt. That being the case, you would think LR would have a permanent procedure.
Tks. Billy H

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. It’s really surprising as the later vehicles you can disable the start stop full time.
But I look at it like this, I used to put a key in the ignition and turn it to start the engine. Now I press a button then another. It’s become second nature but the “eco” indicator lamp on the instrument binnacle is a bit ott

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very easy to permanently deactivate auto stop/start, with no side effects, on the New Discovery Td6. If anyone decides to trade up to a D5 diesel, revisit this thread and I'll post a photo.
Please post. Someone else mentioned that it was easy to disable in D5 and I’m curious how it’s done. Apparently there was a way to do it in the older RRS as well, though I’m not sure.

On other vehicles, someone engineered a little circuit interrupt timer that would make the car see an open hood (bonnet) for a few seconds as soon as the ignition was on, which apparently shuts down the start/stop system for the entire time the engine is running in that session. Because its a timer, it shuts off after just a moment, so the car then sees a closed hood. I don’t know if something like that would work here or not.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
Maybe this is helpful…

my wife drives a VW Atlas, and the way Atlas people disable stop/start is to use the equivalent to the GAP IID tool for VW (forget what it’s called) to change the minimum battery voltage for stop/start to be active to something way high like 16V. Works great on her Atlas. I actually forgot it used to do that / have that “feature” Haha. Does anyone know if there is a setting we can change like that?

Apache

Reaction score
Raising the minimum battery voltage setting for this function sound like a easy fix. I wonder is anyone knows if it is adjustable, and if it would effect anything else? Tks

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the later vehicles, velar and new rrs (I’ve first hand experience with only)there’s an option in the instrument cluster to disable the start stop function permanently. It’s as simple as that. Or put it into “dynamic” mode and it disables the start stop as well.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea about the hood/bonnet switch. That may be an idea to try. It should be simple to put in a timed relay assuming it’s a simple open closed switch circuit.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing I don’t know about the LR4 is whether the eco stop/start stays disabled after the hood is closed. My eco doesn’t work (for reasons unknown), so I can’t test it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut