Disabling 2014 ECO Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt

Reaction score
Friends don't let friends buy cars with an Eco Switch.

:puke:Eco Switch

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either turn it off before you get going, or, if you forget, turn it off anytime along the way. A bit annoying, but at least the option is there. MY2015 on won't be as fortunate.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, some owners of very recently delivered 2014.5 Range Rover Sports have reported the button now disengages the ECO feature permanently (or at least until you push the button again manually), no need to use the button each time you start the engine if you want to turn off Stop/Start. The icon and label on the button seem to have changed as well, from an "ECO" inside a circled arrow to a circled "A OFF" (no idea what the "A" stands for...)

We'll see if that's the case for later build 2014 or 2015 LR4s as well, but perhaps Land Rover is having second thoughts about the operation of the button based on the negative feedback from customers like you?

Attachments

• ECO.jpg
    ECO.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 42
  • AOFF.jpg
    AOFF.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 38

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I hope so! My LR4 is scheduled to build in April. Please, please, please!

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to know re the 2014.5 RR. I'm hoping we see a firmware update for the LR4 soon.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
False alarm, sorry to raise everyone's hope but I was just reporting based on a thread over on rangerovers.net. The button label may have changed, but the Stop/Start button works the same way on 2014.5 as it did on earlier build RRS. Apparently, the owner(s) reporting the change were not pressing the brake pedal far enough to allow the feature to engage, and got all excited... for nothing. No change, you still need to manually push the ECO button to turn off Stop/Start each time.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
False alarm, sorry to raise everyone's hope but I was just reporting based on a thread over on rangerovers.net. The button label may have changed, but the Stop/Start button works the same way on 2014.5 as it did on earlier build RRS. Apparently, the owner(s) reporting the change were not pressing the brake pedal far enough to allow the feature to engage, and got all excited... for nothing. No change, you still need to manually push the ECO button to turn off Stop/Start each time.

....know any hackers at Gap Diagnostic?? :proud:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut