Disabling Trans Fault locked the bugger in Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple days ago after starting up, major transmission fault "F" indicated on gear indicator LCD, locked in park, could not budge the shift handle, completely disabled the truck. Disconnected the battery for a couple minutes and apparently cleared the damn thing, so far all good for now = 2006 LR3

Battery? Rechecked and made sure the connections all tight.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new battery, new brake sensor, going through wires and connections, but has not fully cleared, the fault goes away and comes back unexpectedly. I have not yet solved the problem, I have cleaned the gear shift wire connection under the center console 3x, found a corroded pin on the transmission ECU, cleaned that. Down to trying to find wires under the driver and passenger door sills to see if these are corroded and there apparently is a wire near the rear axle that has a factory splice that corrodes. Any advice...nearest dealership is 325 miles away and mine is an 06...so hell with that.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***?

Did you just reply to your own post as if you were having a conversation with someone?

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***, it appears I did, reading too many ******** threads...I replied to another post and was going to add what I have done, the damn fault keeps coming back. Also, I have tested the alternator and appears that it is putting out proper voltage. It is the damn wiring. after all the items I listed above it appears to be holding with no faults, I have kept the center counsel loose in case I have to rip it apart in a parking lot again cause if it happens you have to use the release on the shifter. There should have been an access point for this, which a 1/4 hole and a grommet will be added so if it ever happens again I at least can limp it home or to a shop!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72