Disc 2 Bumper removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

kengel

Hello,

I am fairly new to this forum. Currently own a 2000 Discovery 2 and would like to know where to get the info for removing the factory bumper. Pondering building a replacement bumper out of aluminum. Right now the material I am starting with is 1/4 inch thich 6 inch C-channel. Please advise, thanks.

Kirk

A

ayavner

Kirk - send me an email address and i will shoot a pdf doc to you with the removal procedure.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
front bumper has 4 bolts and a couple wires to the lights.... and the hose for the light washers.

K

kengel

I can be reached at [email protected], I appreciate the help. Need to take the front off so I can get some measurements for the aluminum bumper design. Hope to be able to keep the headlamp washers. Once again thank you.

A

archaeon

im doing the same but...

i am bying the new bumpers....which begs the question of "where"? does anyone have a good source of cheap(er)(lol) off road extras for disco II's?

gpt

Reaction score
Ok, I had a fender bender yesterday and my front bumper on my Disco II 2003 has all the black plastic cracked below the front grill. Grill is fine. The plastic front license plate holder along with the black trim on the bumper is shattered. The left and right side bumber covers that are the paint color of the vehicle are fine along with the fog lights. It appears that the black plastic center part extends under these painted covers. The spoiler and expanded metal grille underneath the bumper are fine. Question is what do I have to do to remove the bumper to replace it with a matching bumper? Any photos or info is greatly appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
very easy... if you look under the bumper, there are only 4 bolts that holds it on... a couple of light wires and the hose for the headlight washer. Remember when you disconnect the washer hose it will drain all of the washer fluid...

gpt

Reaction score
Do I pry the washer nozzle gasket off or are they mounted in the painted bumper left and right cap covers? These painted covers look like the snap in with a "C" shaped extension off the back of the covers. Do the lights unplug, unscrew? There is nothing that requires removing the grille or the headlight covers in order to remove the bumper, right? Thanks for the feedback.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, it has been a while since I had to remove a bumper.... the washers have a nut at the bottom under the bumper...

Lights unplug.

no issues with covers or anything else that I can think of.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge