2020 Disco 5 Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardinFl

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. I have recently bought a 2020 Discovery Landmark gas engine; the car currently has 32K miles. I'm planning to do the next oil change myself.

1. Could someone please tell me the Oil Change schedule for this vehicle? (How often? every how many miles?)
2. Could someone please tell me the Motor Oil I need to buy? Pls post a link to the actual product.

Thank you!

quirozson

Reaction score
I just posted about my oil change. I decided to use this product:

My 2019 Disco is every 16,000 miles, but I think that’s too long. If it’s still in warranty make sure to use oil that meets JLR approval that’s specified in your manual. I believe it’s STJLR.51.5122

Check out my thread here:

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
I always use Rover brand fluids and the Rover branded filter. Yes, it's more expensive, and many will disagree.
The most important thing is to stay at 5K or so with the frequency.

There are many reliable on-line vendors for Rover brand fluids. Atlantic British and FCP Euro come immediately to mind.

Because the oil is made with pure unicorn blood, sometimes you need to be patient as it can be hard to obtain - although lately it has been more available. I always order oil immediately after I change it, so I always have enough for one change in stock at all times.

Last edited:

RichardinFl

Reaction score
Thanks you @txfromwi for your post.

Did you extract the old oil using a pump or simply draining it by removing the drain plug underneath?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72