Apple CarPlay for 2011 LR4 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I ended up going with the ID-Core system, it works pretty good. Installation wasn’t hard. For the 2010-2011 its the Denison radio , you have to open it up and change 3 ribbon cables. After that everting else is plug and play, it works good and you retain the factory system ad 4x4 screen. The hardest part for me was removing the two bid side trim pieces. I get in the car and the maps from the phone displays right away.
Matt at Unique auto developments was great answering questions.

How’s the volume disparity between the “new” CarPlay input and say the radio or CD? My kit is a lot lower and it’s one of the few things that bothers me about it.

DugLR4

Reaction score
Yes the audio quality is not as good as the Bluetooth adaptor Bovee I use , it’s strange the I can use Apple Music with the Bluetooth adapter and sounds great but if I use nav app I can’t hear the voice prompts or Siri talk back to me. But under the Aux connection you hear the voice prompt . So if I don’t need the navigation I use it under the iPod input , Siri hears my request I just can’t hear her back but works great.
stay away from NavTool, horrible customer service, I have a dispute with them . They never sent me the unit they insisted to install it itself I said no and 5 months later they haven’t refunded the charges to my credit card.

mmbirtcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DugLR4 @mm3846

I’m considering the ID-Core system from Unique Auto in the UK. How have the units been for those that have installed them? Any issues? Do you have any pics of the actual unit before install? Who manufactures the units, as I assume Unique is reselling one made in China, but maybe they engineered it?

thanks

mmbirtcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unique Auto UK ID-Core system.

Install on RRS LHD -
Review on RRS LHD -

based on these and reported excellent customer support, I think this is the unit to go with. I am hoping the tear down in the LR4 isn’t as extensive as the RRS.

DugLR4

Reaction score
i had no problems so far. IDcore is the company you can go to their website. i like it because it keeps the original radio and no wire cutting.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought my 2011 LR4 and it has occasional radio issues. Sometimes there's no sound, but it's always come back after a while. Often, when my wife calls, she can't hear me talking. Not always, but sometimes. That's not necessarily always a bad thing. I've never been able to get the previous owner's saved radio stations to clear so I can save the presets I want to hear. That said, there is only one FM and one AM station I ever listen to. They are the first ones that come up so it works for me. I just hate having all that other stuff cluttering up the screen and it bugs me that I can't get rid of it or change it. It plays my saved music collection off my USB thumb drive. And, today, I bought a $35 Bluetooth adapter from Best Buy that plugs into the Aux jack. That streams whatever I want from Spotify. Yes, the sound signal is low, but I can just turn up the volume and remember to turn it down when I switch to radio or the thumb drive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut