Disco is not dead....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mac004

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got a 96 disco 1 for a daily driver, so I happened upon the forum here as I was doing some research on what to expect as far as problems, mods, etc. I got this pretty cheap, as you may have already guessed, blown head gasket. Otherwise, the body and paint are in great shape, interior is not bad at all, has 137K on the dial, and it seems just a few things here and there, and I should be up and running in no time. When started it, it sounded like a loud puttering, like an exhaust leak. I have already ordered the gasket and head bolt set from british atlantic, so just waiting on those to show up so I can get to work. Any advice on other things to check is welcome, as I am new to the rover crowd. :hello:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...

Make sure you have the heads check to see if they are warped or cracked.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and change the valley pan gasket either.

Mac004

Reaction score
I ordered the complete set, just to be on the safe side and I am hoping the heads will be ok, but I am going to get them checked so I dont run into more issues. Thanks and wish me luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink