Discovery2 4.6 v8 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Figaroni

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried the search button and looked online. Does anyone make a header for the 4.6 disco 2? I've seen some for 4.0 and defenders but no 4.6. Love to find some jet coat or ceramic coated ones.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The 4.0 and 4.6 have the same exhaust manifolds... the Headman Headers are fairly thin and made for the Right Hand Drive 3.5 liter version of the Rover engine which they will fit with a little work. Just keep in mind that they will only last even coated 8 to 10 years of mild use. Mine lasted 10 years and about 40k miles. Drove my rover mostly off road and winter. And yes my were coated at Jet-Hot with their Ceramic coating.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think you will gain from adding headers? Actually 5 H.P. or less and a slightly better sound.
To benefit from headers on our engines, you must start with re working the heads and intakes, then add larger injectors and a really good tune.
How many miles on your engine? If over 100,000 miles, your cam will be showing wear on the lobes and without replacing it along with the lifters, you won't see much of any gain in performance unless you go to a custom/non Rover cam shaft.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99