Do all LR dealerships provide a loaner vehicle when doing warranty repairs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer let me drive a new 3 series BMW every time my LR4 was in the shop. They had Land Rover, BMW, Jaguar and Mini as the in house brands. I think the entire loaner fleet was BMWs.

Rob

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huntington Beach, CA

what dealer did you take it to? I use to work for the Land Rover mission viejo store same company as the Newport Beach store. They only offer free loaners to customers who bought their vehicles there and its enterprise vehicles. unless the consider you a VIP custome (idk how the they do that) but they supply you with a LAND ROVER enterprise loaner. BUT if they **** you off good enough and complain about it they usually give you a store loaner (go figure) why are you taking your car in anyways?

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take mine to Encino Ca. They shuttled us to an Enterprise rent car and gave us LR2s. We had to return the vehicles with the exact same amount of gas or pre-pay. I thought that was a little annoying. I would note that they were in the process of renovating their service department so maybe this played a major factor.

Marty

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
That's interesting, Mott. I've had my 2001 LR4 in for service 3 times. The first time was to replace cracked roof glass that was broken when the dealer installed the roof rails. The second time was to chase down an issue with random stalling. The third time was for the same issue (!). In each case we were given a loaner - not a rental. The Enterprise rental desk was there and in operation, but we didn't go there. We were just given keys and drove away. With a prior Land Rover bought from the same dealership, we had go through the Enterprise desk, but that was for non-warranty work, like brakes. I wonder if the customer is given a loaner for purely warranty work and an Enterprise rental for non-warranty work.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't brought mine in for servicing yet, but my dealer (Santa Monica) told me that they provide loaners (either LRs or Jags). Hopefully, that wasn't just a bunch of smoke : )

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, Mott. I've had my 2001 LR4 in for service 3 times. The first time was to replace cracked roof glass that was broken when the dealer installed the roof rails. The second time was to chase down an issue with random stalling. The third time was for the same issue (!). In each case we were given a loaner - not a rental. The Enterprise rental desk was there and in operation, but we didn't go there. We were just given keys and drove away. With a prior Land Rover bought from the same dealership, we had go through the Enterprise desk, but that was for non-warranty work, like brakes. I wonder if the customer is given a loaner for purely warranty work and an Enterprise rental for non-warranty work.

Interesting. I brought mine in for interior/exterior protection coat. Not exactly warranty service but still. I did just purchase the vehicle there about a month before. Again I have to note that the service desk was under renovation. Things may have changed by now.

Marty

jwblue

Reaction score
what dealer did you take it to? I use to work for the Land Rover mission viejo store same company as the Newport Beach store. They only offer free loaners to customers who bought their vehicles there and its enterprise vehicles. unless the consider you a VIP custome (idk how the they do that) but they supply you with a LAND ROVER enterprise loaner. BUT if they **** you off good enough and complain about it they usually give you a store loaner (go figure) why are you taking your car in anyways?

I haven't bought one yet.

One of of my concerns with buying an LR4 was whether a dealer would provide a loaner when/if it is in the shop.

It is a little thing, but little things matter to me. Especially considering the issues people have sometimes with these vehicles.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought one yet.

One of of my concerns with buying an LR4 was whether a dealer would provide a loaner when/if it is in the shop.

It is a little thing, but little things matter to me. Especially considering the issues people have sometimes with these vehicles.

I can certainly understand that. I think it would be worth while to ask the dealership you are thinking of buying from exactly what their loaner policy is and have them put it in writing. If it isn't up to your standards then you can always shop elsewhere. I'll be switching dealerships as soon as I have the first (free) service done.

Marty

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't brought mine in for servicing yet, but my dealer (Santa Monica) told me that they provide loaners (either LRs or Jags). Hopefully, that wasn't just a bunch of smoke : )

OK - just had my car in for its first repairs (Santa Monica LR). The dealer gave me a Jaguar XF with 12,000 miles on it. There might have been other choices, but they offered the XF and I was happy to have it. The service department cashier is also an on-site Enterprise desk, and they process the loaners using Enterprise paper work. The told me to bring it back with approximately the same amount of gas, but told me they only charge $3.80/gallon for premium if you bring it back with less (which is about 30-40 cents cheaper than buying premium at an LA gas station).

BTW, the XF is an incredibly fun car to drive. I was tailing a Ferrari through Topanga Canyon yesterday and then took some even windier, more deserted roads to have a little fun. It's got the same engine as the LR4 but weighs about 1/3 less. It's got the 6-speed paddle shifter transmission (with the pop-up dial control), which shifts really quickly, and the suspension is really well sorted. It's funny because a lot of the controls are almost identical to the LR4. Funny thing is, I think the LR4 is nicer (in terms of luxury), although this might have been a base model XF. Also, I was very surprised to find that the B&W stereo in the XF doesn't sound quite as good as the HK Logic 7 system in the LR4. My guess is that the the B&W speakers are better, but I think the acoustics in the LR4 and the processing in the HK unit are better than the Jag. I also think the doors in the LR4 are more solid than the Jag, which creates tighter sound, since they act as speaker cabinets.

Anyway, it's a truly excellent car if anyone is in the market for a luxury/sport sedan. I'd love to drive the R-type version with 510 hp!

Hoosh

Reaction score
My dealership in south Florida offers LR or Audi loaners with any service work (routine, warranty, etc). In fact, they even offer concierge service for any type of service work. In other words they will come get my LR from anywhere in the county and leave me a loaner then bring my LR back later. Very helpful for my wife when she has plans and 2 kids to juggle.

FYI: I did ask my dealership about their loaner policies before purchasing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635