Do all LR dealerships provide a loaner vehicle when doing warranty repairs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwblue

Reaction score
I can deal with not having my vehicle, but do all dealerships always provide a loaner?

This actually might be the deciding factor whether I buy an LR4.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jwblue,

I think all Land Rover dealerships are different, but I would say all of them provide some sort of loaner vehicle during warranty repairs. I live close to several dealerships and the two that I deal with both provide loaner cars for both maintenance and warranty work. The difference is one dealer provides an Enterprise rental car during warranty work while the other provides a Land Rover loaner car. Both provide Land Rover loaners for maintenance work.

I would say almost all of the Land Rover dealerships provide a loaner of some sort. I just can't imagine them not? You can always call the dealership(s) of interest and make sure.

-David

jwblue

Reaction score
Hey jwblue,

I think all Land Rover dealerships are different, but I would say all of them provide some sort of loaner vehicle during warranty repairs. I live close to several dealerships and the two that I deal with both provide loaner cars for both maintenance and warranty work. The difference is one dealer provides an Enterprise rental car during warranty work while the other provides a Land Rover loaner car. Both provide Land Rover loaners for maintenance work.

I would say almost all of the Land Rover dealerships provide a loaner of some sort. I just can't imagine them not? You can always call the dealership(s) of interest and make sure.

-David

Just to clarify, I do mean gratis.

I don't even have to have a LR loaner. Just a vehicle to get me point a to to point b temporarily.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I do mean gratis.

I don't even have to have a LR loaner. Just a vehicle to get me point a to to point b temporarily.
Hello jwblue,

Yes, the loaner cars (both the LR loaner and Enterprise rental cars) are given for FREE, no payment required. It is a free service of the dealership. I believe that almost every Land Rover dealership in the U.S. offers free loaner cars for warranty or service.

I hope that helps.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS...

Where do you live? I live in Northern California and all of the Land Rover dealerships around me offer free loaner cars.

-David

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
So far this year, I've had 5 1/2 weeks of free loaner. :hmpf: Very grateful for the loaner, but not so happy that I needed one.

I have to say regarding loaner cars that I have been rather embarrassed by my fellow local Land Rover owners. On multiple occasions I have witnessed people complaining loudly that their free loaner wasn't the same or better than the car they had in for service. It's outrageous to expect the dealership to provide a $100k loaner car to everyone who brings in their Range Rover for service. BTW, I've had two loaners in the last couple of months. Both were almost new. I had a new LR4 with about 500 miles on the clock for a month. I felt spoiled. I mean, it's a free loaner car. If it's clean, safe, and functional I'm satisfied.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, here in SE Michigan my dealer provides loaners. The only time I required a loaner was when they squeezed me in for an afternoon repair to my antenea. I was provided a Enterprise vehicle. I assumed they had no LR's available due to timing of my repair. Maybe it will always be Enterprise, I will check the next time i stop in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635