Do all the 2K12 LR4s have nav in motion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot enter an address into my early 2011 while the vehicle is in motion. There must have been a lot of running changes on these vehicle. Mine came with voice control but the inability to enter a destination while moving. Crazy.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010?

Is there any way to update the software on my 2010 HSE LUX so that we can input nav destinations while in motion? It's driving us crazy !

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I never use the in car nav anymore. I got an iPhone app called telenav for 99c and $9.99 for one year of voice guided directions. The maps update every time you choose the app. So you always have the latest up todate maps. It has a great search feature and is voice activated. Also it works through Bluetooth. I got an iPhone holder for the dash and it works great. The in car nav seems obsolete in comparison.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered why car companies don't just stop messing around trying to design their own systems and just let google maps or an app like yours do it for them. It's telling when we'd rather just use our phones to get around. Car companies need to take notice.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered why car companies don't just stop messing around trying to design their own systems and just let google maps or an app like yours do it for them. It's telling when we'd rather just use our phones to get around. Car companies need to take notice.

Actually the new audis and the fords have google maps! I think other car companies are to soon follow.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the new audis and the fords have google maps! I think other car companies are to soon follow.

Smart of them. It's about time! It's embarrassing when passengers can pull up directions faster than my "high tech" brand new ride can. :biggrin:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smart of them. It's about time! It's embarrassing when passengers can pull up directions faster than my "high tech" brand new ride can. :biggrin:

Actually the LR system is not as high tech as people may think. The maps are outdated and the entire LR nav system is dated. It gave me wrong directions numerous times. And the POI database is very limited. Now I only use it as backup in case I have interruption in cellphone reception which renders my phone based GPS inactive. This almost never happens. Even the 2012 system is the same. They only changed the esthetics of it, but the DNA is still the same.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99