Do you rotate your tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front to rear or side to side?

I have a new set of Pirellis which have about 8000 miles on them. Wasn't sure if I should start out a new set with regular rotations or just leave them in place. I have heard recommendations from both camps regarding the LR3.

Thanks!

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do front to rear.... because I only have 2 jack stands at the moment...

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todd,

See below for standard 4 wheel rotation patterns. I prefer "A".

Not sure why people would not recommend regular tire rotations, unless they are concerned about the cost/benefit. My shop does them for free, so this not an issue.

tire_rotation_abc.jpg

My LR3 has a 5 wheel rotation pattern (have the HD package), performed every 5K miles since new.

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
I do the A every 5k. Mostly because I have never been able to really get a perfect alignment and always seem to get slight but funky tire ware. I know that due to my heavy duty off-road activities it is probably not possible to keep a good alignment for any length of time and I usually destroy my tires long before I would ware them out anyway.

Option A at least keeps them all warring relatively the same. As long as the vehicle is driving striaght I do not bother much with alignments anymore.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do option A every 5-6k as well; I've had good even wear on both my LR3 and Disco2 sticking to this routine so it works for me.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh crap....ive been rotating my tires every 5k miles but for some reason i was told front to back, back to front on same side. Guess i should reconsider this lol

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh crap....ive been rotating my tires every 5k miles but for some reason i was told front to back, back to front on same side. Guess i should reconsider this lol

I wouldn't worry too much about it. With unidirectional, like my snow tires, that's all you can do. And they still look good after 4 winters - uniform wear. I do "front to back" with my regular tires too, just because it's easier for me. I use a fork lift to lift the truck and I can only do one side at a time. This is sort of like the oil thread, don't sweat it, everything will just fine!

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done a rotation yet on my Kelly Safari TSR's, but I'm due for one sooner than later. I'll probably do B mainly because of the tire wear pattern.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine, with the old set of tires (which rarely got rotated) side to side wear was the same, it was front to back that differed.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112