door locks 2004 disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 disco I need to know if I can re key the front door lock or the only solution is to replaced and carry two keys
Thank you:confused:

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 keys

door locks 2004 disco

2004 disco I need to know if I can re key the front door lock or the only solution is to replaced and carry two keys
Thank you

Hi Ysaga:

I assume what happened was either the ignition lock or door lock was replaced without the other, and now they don’t match, correct? Well, this is now a 2 key Rover unless the other item is changed to be keyed alike somehow, I don’t see any other alternatives without spending money and time.

Best wishes ………………. Chongo
:bandit:

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your assumption is correct the door was replace and I do not have the key for the door the idea was to remove the lock and re-key the cylinder to the old key

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your assumption is correct the door was replace and I do not have the key for the door the idea was to remove the lock and re-key the cylinder to the old key

A real locksmith can re-key any lock to any exact specification or other existing key. He just needs the blank specific for your vehicle. :hello:

ljdiscovery

Reaction score
you can order the new key lock from the dealer. They can match it to the vin. You can also order a new door lock assembly that will come with a new lock and key that will be set to your vin so the key will also work in you ignition. Phil

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72