Door Stop - how to replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the jpg below, the door stop on my drivers side left front door is worn. Some of that black plastic has chipped off.

I wondered if I can replace it without removing the door card?

Is there some way by wiggling the bits around all from the hinge area that I can replace the stop?
The door card has never been off and I do not want to remove same just to replace that stop.

Door Stop left front b.jpg

ggrupea

Reaction score
Hi, I think you will have to remove door panel and interior panel to access to the nuts and bolts.

Sometimes, the long way is safest to do a good work

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I think you will have to remove door panel and interior panel to access to the nuts and bolts.

Sometimes, the long way is safest to do a good work
Yes, I kind of expect the the only way is the hard way.

I do not really want to remove the door card as I figure once off, it will never fit back as well as it does now so I was hoping for a "secret" solution.

Again, thanks for the quick response.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the instructions, once inside you'll find a plastic liner you'll have to cut through or if you can maybe carefully pull it off you can save it to reuse. The fender side is the one I would worry about because it looks like you can't reach the nuts without removing the fender. Maybe accessible under the hood if you remove the fuse box. Either way I think a wire brush and some black spray paint may be the ticket. And thanks for posting that video, they certainly had the range of the Landrover line and the music was interesting including the tribute to Clint Eastwood...

Attachments

• Front Door Trim Panel Removal.pdf
    236.4 KB · Views: 23

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the instructions, once inside you'll find a plastic liner you'll have to cut through or if you can maybe carefully pull it off you can save it to reuse. The fender side is the one I would worry about because it looks like you can't reach the nuts without removing the fender. Maybe accessible under the hood if you remove the fuse box. Either way I think a wire brush and some black spray paint may be the ticket. And thanks for posting that video, they certainly had the range of the Landrover line and the music was interesting including the tribute to Clint Eastwood...
I appreciate the 5 page Door Card Removal pdf. I think this explains why I had difficulty getting the Dealer to replace one of the speakers on the rear passenger side door while still under warranty - no fun.

I had not really thought about the pillar side attachment piece and its removal. I suppose it would be too optimistic to assume that the two torx screws thread into welded in place nuts. If not, suppose one might gain access by removing the left kick down at floor level?

No, too easy - it would be like our rear upper hatch struts where you miss that the lower end ball end bolts are getting lose and you end up somehow fishing new nuts back in - well hopefully not both sides at the same time.

Yes, I really thought the music was appropriate to the video - some of it seemed to keep time to the sound of the 110's engine, hence why one wants to watch it with a good sound system on a big screen.

Yes, some of that thick black plastic spray that hardens is starting to sound good - any suggestions anyone?

Door Stop left on pillar c.jpg

Door Stop left on pillar a.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM