Doran Loop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:proud: My hero :cool:
After doing Lockwood Miller a couple weekends ago, I'm still going to need to do Yoga for a couple more months before attempting anything like that. Nice job.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow guys, those pictures are some of the most impressive I've seen. Can't believe the LR3 goes through that stuff...I clearly don't know the full potential of my vehicle.

Would you say that you have to have rock sliders for a run like this?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES! but I think that the Stage 1 (without standoff tubes) would be better in this environment. The width of the LR3 plus the tubes is slightly wider than the trails the Jeeps carve into the rock, and there were a few times Jerry snagged on them when the breakover angle was in the middle of V-shaped notch in the rocks.

Jerry's rear bumper got dragged a couple of times, but I think it's malable enough to be okay, but a steel rear bumper certainly would provide better peice of mind. And skid plates of course go without saying.

Before we started the trail, I did a quick underbelly survey of his truck. During the trail run, I paid particular attention to the soft underbelly of the gas tank, and kept his lines to push the obstacles to the opposite side (drivers side), and that, more than anything else, is why his sliders hung on some of the rocks, because I was saving the gas tank instead ;-)

AreaBFE

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys had a good time, and that you were able to do your fix ups. I always enjoy when you get a through a trail that made you work! There's an immense amount of satisfaction.

See you guys at the next meeting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9